Take control of your career
If you’re looking for a career where you’re rewarded for the hard work you put in, that’s flexible, and you can take almost anywhere, get started today!
We’ve represented Queensland real estate for more than 100 years. We have the knowledge, the network and the credibility to help you succeed.
Streamlined assessments and flexible online-learning. We also offer more assessment support from qualified trainers.
More real estate professionals trust the REIQ for training than any other QLD provider. More than a piece of paper, we give you what you need to know.
About the program
How long will it take me to complete the course?
Our courses are self-paced, however, due to a transition to a new training package, all course assessments must be completed by 1 August 2021.
How is the course delivered?
All of our courses are delivered by Online self-paced study.
Once you sign up, we will provide you with a login for our e-learning platform, etrainu. You will be able to log into your account and access learning materials at any time.
If you want to be your own boss and practice as an independent contractor or open your own real estate business (and be a Principal Licensee), you will need Real Estate Licence training.
This course will enable you to apply for a Real Estate Licence through the Office of Fair Trading to work as a salesperson, property manager, operative as an independent contractor or own your own real estate business. There’s plenty of different career paths you can take in real estate, with professions including Auctioneer, Resident Letting Agent, Business Broker, Buyers Agent and more!
Structure and subjects
Upon successful completion of this course you’ll be issued with a Statement of Attainment with the following competencies:
- CPPDSM4080A – Work in the real estate industry
- CPPDSM4009B – Interpret legislation to complete agency work
- CPPDSM4015B – Minimise agency and consumer risk
- CPPDSM4012A – List property for sale
- CPPDSM4008A – Identify legal and ethical requirements of property sales to complete agency work
- CPPDSM4022A – Sell and finalise the sale of property by private treaty
- CPPDSM4010A – Lease property
- CPPDSM4011A – List property for lease
- CPPDSM4007A – Identify legal and ethical requirements of property management to complete agency work
- CPPDSM4016A – Monitor and manage lease or tenancy agreement
- CPPDSM4046A – Manage tenancy disputes
- CPPDSM4013A – Market property for lease
- CPPDSM4006A – Establish and manage agency trust accounts
- BSBSMB406 – Manage small business finances
- CPPDSM4003A – Appraise property
- CPPDSM4019A – Prepare for auction and complete sale
- CPPDSM4005A – Establish and build client-agency relationships
- CPPDSM4018A – Prepare and present property reports
- CPPDSM4014A – Market property for sale
These units form part of the CPP40307 – Certificate IV in Property Services (Real Estate).
Level up your career with an investment of $1600
Take advantage of our payment plan option and get started today from just $140 per fortnight over a period of six months. Find out more about the payment plan options and enrol for your real estate licence online.
Here’s what others have to say
Over 12 years later, Angela Duncan still feels like she hasn’t even scratched the surface of what’s possible, and how big of an empire you can build with real estate. While the money is great, it’s the freedom and lifestyle for her family that keeps her going. Watch the video to hear why Angela loves her real estate career.Watch video
Frequently asked questions
How are students supported to complete the course?
We offer personalised one-on-one tutorial sessions with our trainers three days each week, included in your course fees. These are conducted by Skype, phone or email. Trainers are also contactable by phone and email to help answer your questions during business hours. Book your free student support session here.
Do you offer custom private training?
Are there any prerequisites?
There are no pre-requisites to study this course. However, all REIQ courses require LLN (Language, Literacy and Numeracy) capabilities, such as a working knowledge of the English language and an understanding of various mathematical calculations. To ensure your ability to successfully complete our courses, you are required to demonstrate your LLN skills by completing a short LLN quiz as part of the enrolment process. Before completing your enrolment please refer to and read through the Student Handbook and terms and conditions which can be downloaded here.
What equipment do I need to undertake the course?
You will need:
- A computer to access online learning materials and undertake online assessments.
- Internet access for research, submitting online assessment items, and email for communication purposes and tutor assistance.
- A Unique Student Identifier (USI) that can be obtained at www.usi.gov.au
What experience do the course trainers have?
Our trainers and assessors have at least 8 years experience in the real estate industry and are selected for their expertise and their ability to convey their skills and knowledge to students. The REIQ prides itself on providing up-to-date information, quality materials and comprehensive support to students undertaking their study with us. All REIQ training and assessment is developed by industry trainers in consultation with REIQ members and specialists in the subject area. All materials are regularly updated to ensure that REIQ’s training is meeting the needs of an ever-changing real estate profession.
Do you offer recognition of prior learning?
REIQ offers recognition of prior learning (RPL). To apply please complete the form on this page.
What happens after I complete the course?
On the successful completion of your assessments, the REIQ will issue you a Statement of Attainment which you can then take to the Office of Fair Trading to apply for a Real Estate Licence.