looking for a change in 2021?
If you’re searching for a career with flexibility; a career that rewards you for the hard work you put in; a career with endless opportunities – then look no further. A career in real estate is the perfect choice.
From property management to commercial sales, business broking to auctioneering, a career in real estate has something for everyone.
Kickstart your journey towards becoming a real estate professional today!
We’ve represented Queensland real estate for more than 100 years and over 60,000 real estate professionals have chosen us to launch their real estate careers.
Streamlined assessments, priority marking option and flexible online-learning. We also offer access to one-on-one support from our industry expert tutors to help you achieve your goals faster.
More than a piece of paper, we give you what you need to know. Our close ties to the real estate industry through our members mean we understand what’s happening in real estate right now.
About our courses
How are the courses delivered?
With our Registration and Full Licence courses, you have the option to attend this course in class by online self-paced study.
Once you sign up, we will provide you with a login for our e-learning platform. You will be able to log into your account and access the learning materials at any time.
How long will it take me to complete a course?
All of our real estate courses are self-paced. Due to a transition to a new training package, all course assessments must be completed by 1 August 2021.
What are my professional outcomes?
A real estate registration certificate is the entry-level qualification you need to start a real estate career in Queensland. This qualification will enable you to apply for a real estate certificate of registration through the Office of Fair Trading to work as a salesperson, property manager or in corporate support.
Prefer independence? If you want to be your own boss or practice as an independent contract, you will need real estate licence training. This qualification will enable you to apply for a real estate through the Office of Fair Trading to work as a salesperson, property manager, operate as an independent contractor or own your own real estate business.
Whichever course you choose, there’s plenty of different career paths you can take in real estate, with professions including Auctioneer, Resident Letting Agent, Business Broker, Buyers Agent and more!
How are students supported to complete the course?
We offer personalised one-on-one tutorial sessions with our trainers three days each week, included in your course fees. These are conducted by Skype, phone or email. Trainers are also contactable by phone and email to help answer your questions during business hours. Book your free student support session here.
Do you offer custom private tutoring?
Are there any prerequisites?
There are no pre-requisites to study this course. However, all REIQ courses require LLN (Language, Literacy and Numeracy) capabilities, such as a working knowledge of the English language and an understanding of various mathematical calculations. To ensure your ability to successfully complete our courses, you are required to demonstrate your LLN skills by completing a short LLN quiz as part of the enrolment process. Before completing your enrolment please refer to and read through the Student Handbook and terms and conditions which can be downloaded here.
What equipment do I need to undertake the course?
You will need:
- A computer to access online learning materials and undertake online assessments.
- Internet access for research, submitting online assessment items, and email for communication purposes and tutor assistance.
- A Unique Student Identifier (USI) that can be obtained at www.usi.gov.au
What experience do the course trainers have?
Our trainers and assessors have at least 10+ years experience in the real estate industry and are selected for their expertise and their ability to convey their skills and knowledge to students. The REIQ prides itself on providing up-to-date information, quality materials and comprehensive support to students undertaking their study with us. All REIQ training and assessment is developed by industry trainers in consultation with REIQ members and specialists in the subject area. All materials are regularly updated to ensure that REIQ’s training is meeting the needs of an ever-changing real estate profession. To find out more on our Training Team, view their stories here.
What is priority marking?
Priority marking is available for when students want their assessments to be within 2 business days. For enquiries and fees email email@example.com for more information.
Can I upgrade my registration to a full licence?
You sure can! If a registration course is more in line with your current career goals, you can always return later and upgrade to the full Real Estate Licence which would enable you to work independently (as a business owner or contractor). Find out more on our Licence Upgrade course here.
Do you offer recognition of prior learning?
REIQ offers recognition of prior learning (RPL). Find out more about our RPL requirements and process here.
What happens after I complete the course?
On the successful completion of your assessments, the REIQ will issue you a Statement of Attainment which you can then take to the Office of Fair Trading to apply for applicable licence.
Why a career in real estate?
- No university required Unlike other professions, you don’t need to study for three years plus at university to get started in real estate. With the REIQ’s online study options and scheduled classes, you can start any time and complete at your own pace
- Variety of career paths There are a variety of career paths to explore in real estate, including a real estate salesperson, property manager, corporate support, principal or business owner, auctioneer and more!
- Hard work is rewarded If you’re working as a real estate salesperson or business owner, the harder you work and the better your service generally means the more you can earn! With a great attitude, good work ethic, the right skills and tools – there’s no limit to your potential earnings.
- Take your job with you Real estate professionals live and work all over Queensland. Thinking of a sea change to the Sunshine State?
- Be your own boss, or work for someone else If independence appeals to you – with a real estate agent licence you can open your own business, whether it’s a large agency with a number of employees working out of a shopfront, or just yourself working from home. If you’d prefer to work for someone else, there are plenty of opportunities to do just that.