From the CEO: 21st April 2021
As you’re no doubt already aware, the Office of Fair Trading (OFT) has released new training requirements for the Queensland real estate industry. As of 30 September 2021, the current qualification will be superseded and replaced by a new property services training package.
At the REIQ, we’re committed to excellence in teaching, learning and to developing outstanding industry professionals across the full suite of real estate disciplines on offer. It’s pleasing to see that the new training package not only recognises the significance of the work undertaken by real estate professionals, but also better reflects modern day real estate agency practice.
As a member or former student, you might be wondering, “how will this training package change impact me?”. The good news is that if you’ve already lodged your statement of attainment with the Office of Fair Trading and hold a valid Real Estate Licence or Registration, your qualification won’t be impacted.
However, it’s important to note that units from current qualifications cannot be credit transferred to the new package, as the current and new units are not equivalent.
The REIQ will cease to offer the existing training package from next Wednesday, 28 April, 2021. This means for those with a valid real estate registration, it’s your last chance to enrol in our existing licence upgrade course and still complete assessments by our 1 August, 2021 assessment cut-off date.
It’s also important to note that some of the REIQ’s other courses such as Auctioneering and Residential Letting will be temporarily unavailable from next week. You can enrol in these courses now, but again, you must complete assessments by the cut–off date – 1 August, 2021. These courses will be offered under the new training package later in 2021.
So, in the event you or your colleagues are considering completing a licence upgrade or any other course, the REIQ recommend enrolling now and completing training in advance of the OFT’s 30 September, 2021 deadline. For further information regarding our current training courses, please contact 1300 MY REIQ (697 347) today or simply register now!
IN THIS WEEK’S JOURNAL:
- Extremely Low Vacancy Rates Endure Across 80% of Queensland
- 4 Easy Steps to Put Your Agency Performance Metrics to Work
- 5 Questions Every Principal Should be Prepared to Answer in 2021
- Why House Prices are not Faithful in Their Relationship With Interest Rates
In Other News…
- Interested in a career in commercial sales/property management? Enrol now in the REIQ’s Commercial Series, which offers newcomers and existing professionals the chance to develop their skills as commercial specialists.
- Digital signatures are now accepted on RTA Forms! To celebrate, Realworks is offering a FREE 30-day DocuSign trial* to new DocuSign accounts created. *Offer valid until 30 June 2021 – T&C’s apply